fl0m's Staff Application

fl0m

October 8, 2018
1) Your IGN (In-game Name): fl0m.

2) How old are you? ( Please keep in mind you must be 13+ to apply): I am currently 15 years of age.

3) What region are you from? ( Ex NA,SA,EU,AU): North America, Canada to be specific.

4) What timezone are you in?: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

5) Can any current HydraPvP staff members vouch for you?: No, the server is now just re-opening so I'm not sure what staff members are still around.

6) Do you have any past experience Staffing on other servers? ( If you do please list rank and what server): Yes, I will list the top 4 servers (player wise) that I was staff on:
1. KyraFFA - Sr-Moderator (Server Closed)
2. HyparexHCF - Administrator (Server Closed)
3. 2015PvP - Moderator (Resigned)
4. AvastfulHCF - Moderator (Demoted for inactivity)

7) How many hours a week can you dedicate to playing / staffing on the server?:
Monday through Thursday I am able to dedicate 3-5 hours daily.
Friday through Sunday I am able to put more time in as there is no school.

8) Why do you want to be apart of our team?:

I would like to become a Staff member on Hydra because I always follow the rules VERY well. When somebody breaks the rules I will punish them depending on what rule they broke, If a staff members warned somebody and they keep going I will also punish the person. I want to make Hydra like what it once was before, but better at the same time.

I would really like to help my other staff team members if they need me for anything because I will be there for them. I want to prove how much I love the server and how dedicated I am to it. You should choose me as a Staff Member because I will be active on the website(Forums), TeamSpeak (or discord) and Ingame and try to help as many people as possible. I think when we, as staff team, do our jobs and stop hackers/rule breakers we will won't be losing innocent players that don't want any of that. This would keep more players active on the server at all times.

Also, I want to be able to make a change and supporting the server at its best, By letting me into the staff team I think this wish will be fulfilled. What has always kept me wondering is why people cheat or break rules on a server and try to destroy the fun times of other players. I wouldn't mind dedicating hours up on hours trying to stop hackers and rule breakers cause my love for the server is enormous as I played on the previous Hydra. My passion is Helping people when they need help and Hydra would make me able to do this. Hydra has previously brought happiness and I think I that happiness and be fulfilled again with Hydra re-releasing. I think it's time for me to move on to a staff position to help Hydra be better than ever before.

I’m also a person that loves to help people and I think becoming staff members can support this. I will be able to help people all the time and I would love to do that. In my real life, I sometimes help people at a community center with things they can’t do anymore and that’s why I love to help people as much as possible I also volunteered at an elementary school to help Staff out with the kids in a gym . I will always treat everybody the same way as others and never let anybody down no matter what. I will always help people the best as I can with everything in my power to make this possible.

Unlike some others, I'm not applying for Staff just to "flex" the tag or to show off. I'm applying because I genuinely from the heart want to help the server and the players to make it have a good name so new players will want to stay.

Also, my strong passions in solving problems for people or helping me with them come in handy this time. I love helping people with problems and try to solve them for them. With becoming staff on Hydra I am able to help countless of people and solve their problems, I want them to get off Team speak or Discord with a smile cause their problem was fixed, or a hacker that killed them was banned, those moments make me feel better about myself.

Hydra was a great community when it first released and I believe if we all work together we can make it even better.

Thank you for reading my application and I hope to hear back from you soon!
-fl0m

October 8, 2018
Pros:
Followed the format
Decent amount of experience

Cons:
Not enough detail
The colour scheme doesn't look too professional (Every answer has a different colour)
Try to reduce the spacing for example, the question "Why do you want to be apart of our team?" try to reduce all the unnecessary spacing.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

NGWood

October 8, 2018
Pros:
Followed the format
Decent amount of experience

Cons:
Not enough detail
The colour scheme doesn't look too professional (Every answer has a different colour)
Try to reduce the spacing for example, the question "Why do you want to be apart of our team?" try to reduce all the unnecessary spacing.

Good Luck!
he put every question in a different colour so you could see the that it's not the same question, if anything its more professional ;V

fl0m

October 8, 2018
he put every question in a different colour so you could see the that it's not the same question, if anything its more professional ;V
That was my goal. I'll change the color scheme if you really want but I thought it'd just be easier for you to know.

October 7, 2018
Hello fl0m, I'm glad to see you decided to apply for our staff team,
I have reviewed your application and will be giving you a +1 (this is not permanent and may be changed in the future)

Now here's why I have given you this rating
  • Good organization (Line spacing was good between paragraphs)
  • Showed effort (I can tell you have put effort into this application)
  • You have expressed to me that you want this server to thrive and give us a hand
Now, nobody is perfect so here are some suggestions to make my rating stay permanent
  • Definitely try to focus less on dealing with cheaters (yes that is our main focus but our job as a staff member consists more than just that)
  • Proof of being a staff member on any of the listed servers above

Last edited:

fl0m

October 8, 2018
Hello fl0m, I'm glad to see you decided to apply for our staff team,​

I have reviewed your application and will be giving you a +1 (this is not permanent and may be changed in the future)

Now here's why I have given you this rating
  • Good organization (Line spacing was good between paragraphs)
  • Showed effort (I can tell you have put effort into this application)
  • You have expressed to me that you want this server to thrive and give us a hand
Now, nobody is perfect so here are some suggestions to make my rating stay permanent
  • Definitely try to focus less on dealing with cheaters (yes that is our main focus but our job as a staff member consists more than just that)
  • Proof of being a staff member on any of the listed servers above
Hello,

Thank you for your reply and your constructive criticism. These tips you provided will help me a lot in future applications. Sadly. I'm not too sure how to give you any sort of proof as I'm fairly sure most of these servers are closed down, and if they aren't, I no longer have the rank on there. I see your point on how I went a little bit on a rant with the hacker part. I will try to revise on that in the future.
Post automatically merged:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and your constructive criticism. These tips you provided will help me a lot in future applications. Sadly. I'm not too sure how to give you any sort of proof as I'm fairly sure most of these servers are closed down, and if they aren't, I no longer have the rank on there. I see your point on how I went a little bit on a rant with the hacker part. I will try to revise on that in the future.
Oh and I forgot, you are unable to edit applications after 5 minutes... I'm not sure why it's like that but until it's fixed (if it does get fixed) then sadly I'm unable to edit the application.

October 7, 2018
Khabib
You should stick to a two color scheme. Throwing random colors in your app makes it look unprofessional. Good luck!

fl0m

October 8, 2018
You should stick to a two color scheme. Throwing random colors in your app makes it look unprofessional. Good luck!
if you read my reply above, you aren’t able to edit your application. I would love to change that but I can’t. Thanks for the criticism tho

Yash

October 9, 2018
Neutral. Overall good application but seems a rainbow try to add a uniform color for all question.
Good luck Yash

Yofa

October 8, 2018

Here is why I gave you this rating and suggestions to keep my rating permanent.

• Good detail
  • Dealing with cheaters is important but being staff is more than just that. Just keep that in mind.
  • I know you wanted to change the color but still try not to use many colours next time when doing something. Just easier to read.
  • Decent amount of detail.
  • Maybe you can still provide some proof of you being staff on those servers. (Just a screenshot would do it)

Good luck!

fl0m

October 8, 2018

Here is why I gave you this rating and suggestions to keep my rating permanent.

• Good detail
  • Dealing with cheaters is important but being staff is more than just that. Just keep that in mind.
  • I know you wanted to change the color but still try not to use many colours next time when doing something. Just easier to read.
  • Decent amount of detail.
  • Maybe you can still provide some proof of you being staff on those servers. (Just a screenshot would do it)

Good luck!
Hello, thank you for your rating! I’m not sure if I have any screenshots as it’s been around 2-5 months since I’ve been staff on a server. I’ve bought a new computer in these months so all of my minecraft screenshots are gone. I think I have a few videos of me banning cheaters for proof, but I will have to look for those later as I’m in school currently.